FACeTS of Madeira

News and Views related to the work of Ed and Abbie Potter, Baptist missionaries on the island of Madeira, Portugal since 1976.


 


Funchal Baptist Church
Rua Silvestre Quintino de Freitas, 126
9050-097 FUNCHAL
Portugal
Tel: 291 234 484

Sunday Services
English 11:00 a.m.
Russian 4:00 p.m.
Portuguese 6:00 p.m.
Ask the Tourist Office or Hotel Reception for map or directions.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Making money overnight (sort of)

Although I avoid doing the conversion math to figure the price of gasoline ("petrol" for those British readers who need help in reading my English) in dollars per gallon, every so often curiosity gets the best of me. The last time I figured it out, I posted the results, which you can read about here.

At that time, the prices of the two grades of fuel were $6.80 and $7.48 a gallon. According to my calculations today, given the increase in the price of fuel and the continual drop in the dollar, those figures are now $7.29 and $8.09 a gallon. (Ahh...I forgot to check the exchange rates today. The dollar may have slipped a few more notches and increased the value of my last tank of gasoline.)

I bought the cheaper version of gasoline this week and paid the equivalent of $83.79 to fill up. Revelations like that are the reason I avoid doing the conversions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home