FACeTS of Madeira

News and Views related to the work of Ed and Abbie Potter, Baptist missionaries on the island of Madeira, Portugal since 1976.


 


Funchal Baptist Church
Rua Silvestre Quintino de Freitas, 126
9050-097 FUNCHAL
Portugal
Tel: 291 234 484

Sunday Services
English 11:00 a.m.
Russian 4:00 p.m.
Portuguese 6:00 p.m.
Ask the Tourist Office or Hotel Reception for map or directions.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Kirstin's Better---so am I

In the intervening time since I last wrote, Kirstin improved to the point she was able to go home. Since then she has continued to improve. There are still some medical concerns about any lasting effects from the meningitis, especially to her hearing. A couple of tests were done this week, but I haven't heard what, if any, definite results were achieved. Also, in injuries such as she sustained, there may be the need for an operation at a later time to repair a fissure in a bone to prevent the recurrence of meningitis.

As for me, in that same period of time, I got down. I preached one Sunday morning in English as I was just coming down with the flu and didn't have time to get someone to cover for me. I was able to get a brother to fill in for the Portuguese services, and I went home in the afternoon and stayed there a whole week. I didn't go to the Consulate...did nothing but stay at home and read whenever I felt up to it. I couldn't even sit at the computer for more than an hour at most in the morning, checking e-mails, and doing the minimum of correspondence. I was at church last Sunday, but I had already got others lined up to preach, just in case. So I went and enjoyed hearing someone else preach. Tomorrow I'm back on full duty in the pulpit, Lord willing.

I'm better enough to feel like working, but I can tell I'm not back to 100%. Abbie, fortunately, has avoided getting the bug. I know she's glad of that, but so am I!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home