FACeTS of Madeira

News and Views related to the work of Ed and Abbie Potter, Baptist missionaries on the island of Madeira, Portugal since 1976.


 


Funchal Baptist Church
Rua Silvestre Quintino de Freitas, 126
9050-097 FUNCHAL
Portugal
Tel: 291 234 484

Sunday Services
English 11:00 a.m.
Russian 4:00 p.m.
Portuguese 6:00 p.m.
Ask the Tourist Office or Hotel Reception for map or directions.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Back ...and forth

For a few days I was back; now I'm forth.

I last wrote on the eve of our trip to the US. We spent the month there to see family, the timing being particularly chosen because of my mother's 95th birthday. I have some pictures, but I won't take the time tonight to find them and upload them. As I mentioned above, I'm forth.

I was back...we arrived home last Friday, September 3, but "back" didn't last long. I was just about to get used to the European time zone and today, Sept. 10, I had to come "forth"...this time to Washington, D.C., for a week of classes next week. I'll be flying back next Saturday and arriving home on Sunday, Lord willing. Three Atlantic crossings in three weeks...

The last time I attended a workshop here in Washington was in 2002. I was at the school on the one-year anniversary of 9/11. The school is only a few miles from the Pentagon, and the staff told us they felt the blast at the school when the plane hit the Pentagon. Tomorrow is the 10th anniversary.

Abbie didn't come with me on this trip since we would have had to pay for her ticket...she didn't like the idea of my traveling this close to the 11th...but all went well, except for the extremely close connection at Newark, which meant my suitcase didn't make it here with me. There's always tomorrow, which is hopefully when the airline will deliver my suitcase to the hotel.

"Maybe" I'll post more this week and include some pictures from our trip. I promise. (Does promising to "maybe" do something count as a promise, or not?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home