FACeTS of Madeira

News and Views related to the work of Ed and Abbie Potter, Baptist missionaries on the island of Madeira, Portugal since 1976.


 


Funchal Baptist Church
Rua Silvestre Quintino de Freitas, 126
9050-097 FUNCHAL
Portugal
Tel: 291 234 484

Sunday Services
English 11:00 a.m.
Russian 4:00 p.m.
Portuguese 6:00 p.m.
Ask the Tourist Office or Hotel Reception for map or directions.

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Brief Appearance

Just to thank all those who faithfully drop by. I spent the greater part of February pushing forward with the goal in mind of completing the translation of a book for the city of Funchal, which is celebrating 500 years this year, as I mentioned in my last posting. The book took longer than I figured, because I figured there were 40,000 words of text. I figured wrong. Very wrong...it was actually nearer 60,000. Fortunately February had an extra day this year; I needed it. That job is done, and maybe I will settle back into a more normal pace. And then, maybe not.

Abbie and I will be going to Lisbon on Monday, returning on the following Monday, the 17th. The first couple of days will be in meetings at the embassy, the next couple we'll be around the Baptist Seminary in Lisbon, and Friday and Saturday at a missions conference in the Lisbon area. The pace may not be slower, but the scenery will be different.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home