FACeTS of Madeira

News and Views related to the work of Ed and Abbie Potter, Baptist missionaries on the island of Madeira, Portugal since 1976.


 


Funchal Baptist Church
Rua Silvestre Quintino de Freitas, 126
9050-097 FUNCHAL
Portugal
Tel: 291 234 484

Sunday Services
English 11:00 a.m.
Russian 4:00 p.m.
Portuguese 6:00 p.m.
Ask the Tourist Office or Hotel Reception for map or directions.

Friday, September 18, 2009

Mia is a big girl... A new perspective


This picture was one of the first ones of Abbie with Amilia Kate ("Mia") after we arrived at Joy and Mark's. In terms of body build, Mia is the opposite of her cousin, Braewyn, whom we saw a couple of weeks ago. From this picture, it appears that Abbie is thinking "Oops...what was I thinking when I picked Mia up!" This, however, is an optical illusion. I skillfully positioned myself so that the store sign lined up right behind Abbie. Okay, no skill was involved. I didn't notice the store sign in the background until I looked at the photos later.

Mia is generally smiling from ear to ear. I did catch her off guard by not using the flash, so she didn't know she was being photographed.

But size is only a matter of perspective. When seen from another angle, you see Mia really isn't very big at all.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home