FACeTS of Madeira

News and Views related to the work of Ed and Abbie Potter, Baptist missionaries on the island of Madeira, Portugal since 1976.


 


Funchal Baptist Church
Rua Silvestre Quintino de Freitas, 126
9050-097 FUNCHAL
Portugal
Tel: 291 234 484

Sunday Services
English 11:00 a.m.
Russian 4:00 p.m.
Portuguese 6:00 p.m.
Ask the Tourist Office or Hotel Reception for map or directions.

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Mother and baby are at home...and I will be, too

Joy and the baby (Amilia Kate) went home yesterday afternoon: details and picture are on Joy and Mark's blog.

Abbie was there for the event, but I was away from home, too.  I had suggested Abbie wait until I get there in two weeks before seeing Amilia, but do you think anyone would listen to me? At the exact moment Amilia was born, I was giving a class at the Baptist seminary near Lisbon. It's been a full week that started with a Pastors' retreat and then three nights of a seminar (3 hours per night) and two full days of consultations at the embassy.  

Mother and baby are already home...Grandpa won't be home until tonight.  My trip to the States is set for October 2.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home