FACeTS of Madeira

News and Views related to the work of Ed and Abbie Potter, Baptist missionaries on the island of Madeira, Portugal since 1976.


 


Funchal Baptist Church
Rua Silvestre Quintino de Freitas, 126
9050-097 FUNCHAL
Portugal
Tel: 291 234 484

Sunday Services
English 11:00 a.m.
Russian 4:00 p.m.
Portuguese 6:00 p.m.
Ask the Tourist Office or Hotel Reception for map or directions.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

So far, so good

It's been almost a week since I got home and began to experience firsthand the "joys" of living alone. Cooking, for example, is pretty easy: Put the food in the pan and turn on the fire under it. When the kitchen fills with smoke, remove from heat and serve. You ask if I can eat my own cooking? Of course! I just don't fix anything I don't like.

I'm still getting by on what´s been hanging in the closet or is still in the chest of drawers, so my class in Washing and Ironing 102 (you see, it won't be the first time I've washed or ironed...but almost) will probably be held sometime next week. I'll crease that shirt when I get to it. I'm thinking the rules of cooking don't apply to ironing clothes---you know, the smoke and all.

On the home front (but outside the house), the weather has turned rainy and cool. Clear down to 52º or so (11º C) the other day, which doesn't compare to the cold in the States, but without heat in the house, it's more uncomfortable.

In the church, the last of the various members who travelled for the holidays (except Abbie, of course) have returned, José Carlos and Susana having arrived from Brazil today. Marcia returned earlier in the week, looking very well. It will be good to see the Lord's House full again this Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home