FACeTS of Madeira

News and Views related to the work of Ed and Abbie Potter, Baptist missionaries on the island of Madeira, Portugal since 1976.


 


Funchal Baptist Church
Rua Silvestre Quintino de Freitas, 126
9050-097 FUNCHAL
Portugal
Tel: 291 234 484

Sunday Services
English 11:00 a.m.
Russian 4:00 p.m.
Portuguese 6:00 p.m.
Ask the Tourist Office or Hotel Reception for map or directions.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

So if it only takes 10 minutes.....

It really doesn't take long to put something on the blog. In fact, 10 minutes a day would be enough to publish something. The problem is that I want put out something of worth, something of substance, and that would take me more than 10 minutes.

Long days, short nights...the translation work has kept coming. The jobs overlap, as I haven't finished one before I should have started the next. I'm finally down to working on the "last" one. I really expect that others will come in before I get this one out of the way. I could take 10 minutes a day, like I'm doing now at an hour when the clock says "a.m." rather than "p.m.", but after hours at the computer, my mind wants a break. Even another 10 minutes can seem a daunting mission. So I let a day, days, a week, weeks pass.

Marcia is halfway through the series of chemotherapy treatments originally programmed for her. The hair loss is very noticeable, but perhaps it has peaked. Time will tell. Now other side effects such as intestinal problems are more evident.

Other news will have to wait: our recent trip to Barcelona and Seville, and our upcoming trip to the US. My 10 minutes are up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home