FACeTS of Madeira

News and Views related to the work of Ed and Abbie Potter, Baptist missionaries on the island of Madeira, Portugal since 1976.


 


Funchal Baptist Church
Rua Silvestre Quintino de Freitas, 126
9050-097 FUNCHAL
Portugal
Tel: 291 234 484

Sunday Services
English 11:00 a.m.
Russian 4:00 p.m.
Portuguese 6:00 p.m.
Ask the Tourist Office or Hotel Reception for map or directions.

Friday, May 05, 2006

I'm writing, really I am

You couldn't tell it from the postings but I have been writing quite a bit the past few days. Practically simultaneously I was given two 10,000-word translations, not counting other jobs and duties to squeeze in. So the last couple of days I've done something like 4,000 words of translation per day (which in the case of the first document is pretty heavy going, since it's a contract with all sorts of legal terminology). The coming week is going to be more of the same, but on a different theme: a 20,000-word, 165-page report on farm subsidies and policies. Fortunately, approx. 1/4 of that is in tables and charts that I won't have to bother with, and another 1/4 is text that I translated last year and which has been incorporated in this final report. That still leaves 10,000 words.

All this translation has kept me from filing reports on what went on during the three weeks I didn't write, which included trips to Barcelona and Seville. That news I will report with some pictures. The other news is the blessings of the services last Sunday, in which God was touching lives and moving hearts. Above all, and despite the crush of other responsibilities in our day-to-day lives, the blessings we await from the Lord in the presence of His people in His house on His day are more important than all else. For the continued manifestation of His power and presence we earnestly pray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home