FACeTS of Madeira

News and Views related to the work of Ed and Abbie Potter, Baptist missionaries on the island of Madeira, Portugal since 1976.


 


Funchal Baptist Church
Rua Silvestre Quintino de Freitas, 126
9050-097 FUNCHAL
Portugal
Tel: 291 234 484

Sunday Services
English 11:00 a.m.
Russian 4:00 p.m.
Portuguese 6:00 p.m.
Ask the Tourist Office or Hotel Reception for map or directions.

Thursday, August 04, 2005

If you've been checking in...

I apologize for not posting at least a line every now and then. I did say on the eve of Rick and family's arrival that I didn't expect to be posting frequently for the following week. And I didn't!

We got a phone call last night saying that they had arrived home safely. The 10 days they spent here were a real joy to us, especially as we got to know the grandkids better.

They left Monday, but since then I've had to wear my other hat quite a bit. Two Coast Guard ships are in port this week, the USCG Cutter Bear, which leaves tomorrow just as the USCG Barque Eagle arrives for a weekend stay. There's an official reception on board the Eagle tomorrow evening, so all of this together has meant a lot of time in contact with local officials and the embassy in Lisbon.

I will not pretend that it was entirely impossible to get off a line or two over the past week or so, but I don't find it difficult justifying my lack of communication! :-)

I do expect to finish posting the account of the Ukraine trip in the next few days, plus some recent photos from here. Thanks for your patience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home