FACeTS of Madeira

News and Views related to the work of Ed and Abbie Potter, Baptist missionaries on the island of Madeira, Portugal since 1976.


 


Funchal Baptist Church
Rua Silvestre Quintino de Freitas, 126
9050-097 FUNCHAL
Portugal
Tel: 291 234 484

Sunday Services
English 11:00 a.m.
Russian 4:00 p.m.
Portuguese 6:00 p.m.
Ask the Tourist Office or Hotel Reception for map or directions.

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Trip to Ukraine Last Month

As I mentioned in my last post on May 8, we traveled for two weeks in Ukraine. I made notes each day on my PDA and based on those notes I have prepared a daily account of our trip. I plan to incorporate pictures also to accompany the text.

As soon as we got home, we had one week to prepare for Joy and Mark's visit. They were here a week, and then I had a few days to complete a large translation, so that took up all my time. Only now have I been able to spend some time organizing my notes and pictures.

The currency is the hrynia or hryven in the plural. The abbreviation is UAH and 1 UAH = US$0.20 or 16 euro cents. We traveled with Petro and Lidiya, who will be staying for two months before returning to Madeira. He came to Madeira over 3 years ago; she has been here two years. This is their first trip back to Ukraine after coming here.

Because the posts show up on the blog in reverse chronological order, I will try to post each day's journal with an earlier time than the preceding day's entry, so that the accounts can be read chronologically. That's the plan.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

Thank you, ed for the link and the great journal of your trip. i hope you don't mind if i share some of your journal with our team. your insights have got me even more anxious to get there and get started.

10:27 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

One other question, i noticed you have a russian service on sundays, what is the nature of your russian ministry in portugal? just curious, thanks.

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home